Saturday, July 10, 2010

Homeschooling





Our family began homeschooling three years ago. The first year we pulled our middle son out of public school then began with an online charter school. There were several things we liked about the charter school, and several things we did not. Mostly I just knew it wasn't the path we were looking for.
We met some great new friends who really gave me the encouragement, and confidence, to give it go on our own. The following year we took that canyon leap into homeschooling on our own (or at least it felt like that at the time!). What an adventure!
As our journey progressed, I read about books and programs with mysterious sounding names like Waldorf, Charlotte Mason, and Oak Meadow. What were they? Being the nosy mamma I am, I just had to know! The more I read, the more I knew, this was our way! This was something of how our family viewed the world, I couldn't sit still!
We are now starting our third year schooling at home, and are excited to try a few programs that are new to us, mainly Oak Meadow. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment